Thursday, June 25th, 2020 at 4 pm on Zoom
Iceland’s Ambassador to the U.S., Bergdís Ellertsdottír will be talking about her role and responsibilities, with Katrín Sigurðurdottír, Iceland’s Honorary Consul to Minnesota, facilitating the interview.
Please join us in what will be an interesting and educational discussion! If you have specific questions you would like to be considered in the discussion, please send them to info@INLUS.org by June 23.
Ambassador Bergdís Ellertsdóttir – career summary
- Ambassador of Iceland to the United States, September 2019-
- Permanent Representative of Iceland to the United Nations, 2018-2019
- Head of the Icelandic Mission to the European Union, 2014- 2018
- Director, International Trade Negotiations. Chief negotiator Iceland-China FTA. Directorate for Trade and Economic Affairs, 2012
- Deputy Secretary General. European Free Trade Association (EFTA), Brussels, 2007-2012
- Director General for International Security and Development Co-operation Affairs. Ministry for Foreign Affairs, January 2007
- Foreign Affairs Adviser to the Prime Minister of Iceland, 2005-2006
- Head of European Affairs, Deputy Director General. Trade Department. Ministry for Foreign Affairs, 2003-2004
- Deputy Director, Political Department. Dealing with security issues, NATO, OSCE, bilateral relations with the United States, Canada and Russia, 2000-2003
- Political Officer. NATO HQ, Political Division, Brussels, 1998-2000
- Deputy Head of Mission. Embassy of Iceland in Bonn with accreditation to Switzerland, Austria and the OSCE, 1995-1998
- First Secretary. Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Trade Department, 1991-1995
Katrín was born in Iceland and has a B.Sc. degree in Nursing from the University of Iceland. She moved to the US in 1999, lived and worked in Boston for 11 years before coming to Minnesota in 2011. She became the Honorary Consul of Iceland in MN in 2017.
Katrin lives in Eden Prairie with her husband and three children.
About the Event
We are excited to welcome Iceland’s Ambassador to the United States, Bergdís Ellertsdóttir and Honorary consul Katrin Sigurdardottir. Our webinar host will be INLUS President Dianne O’Konski.
Please join us on Thursday, June 25th, 2020 at 4 pm EDT using our online Zoom webinar platform.
We will also record the webinar for later viewing on the INLUS website.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Zoom Link | Password: Ambassador
Or Telephone: (fee may apply)
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 852 4331 1734
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kKrioXi4C